2012 Team Time Trial Camp in Tuscany, Italy
March 11-19, 2012
This 8-day Tuscan cycling camp culminates with a 200-team, 32.4 kilometer, 8-person Team Time Trial along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
Participants in this trip will race for the Max Lelli team in a long sleeve, specially designed USA/Italy, skinsuit (included in the cost of the camp).
We will train for five days based out of Max Lelli’s estate, Il Raduno. On Saturday, March 17, we travel to Versilia to pre-ride the course and then race on Sunday in the Michele Bartoli Team Time Trial.
About Max Lelli
Max Lelli is an ex-professional Italian born in Manciano (near Grosseto, in Tuscany). He participated in 14 Tours de France, cycling alongside such legends as Argentin, Cipollini, Fondriest, Bartoli, and Casagrande. He won a team time trial at the Tour de France with the team Ceramiche Arriostea. At the Giro d’Italia his best finish was 3rd overall in 1991 (and 4th in 1993), winning the Monviso and Selva d Valgardena stages as well as the white jersey as best young rider of the Giro. He participated in three world championships, won on two occasions the Giro di Toscana, and became the Italian time trial champion. In 1996 he became the first Italian to win the Tour of Portugal. In 1997 Max won the most important race in the USA: the Core States championship in Philadelphia.
About Randy Warren and Warren Cycling:
Randy, a USA Cycling level 1 coach, has been coaching cyclists and cycling teams since 1987. A former Masters National Champion, Randy has also raced in the Masters World Championships in Russia including winning one race and placing 4th overall. Randy has been leading cycling camps since 2003 helping cyclists to experience great riding, training and racing all over America and, more recently, in Tuscany and Sardinia, Italy.
- $2,999 – shared room
- This price includes:
- Seven days of riding in beautiful Tuscany, Italy
- All rides led by Max Lelli and Randy Warren, USA Cycling Level 1 Coach
- Max Lelli skinsuit
- Airport transfers
- Race transfers
- All lodging
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Max Lelli rental bike
- Native Italian teammate who is fluent in Italian and English and is an excellent translator
- Race entry in Michele Bartoli Team Time Trial
- Opportunity to ride with Max Lelli, 14-time Tour de France racer
- You will purchase your airline tickets on your own
- Plan to arrive in Rome no later than 2:15pm on Sunday, March 11
- Plan to leave Rome no earlier than 9:00am on Monday, March 19
- All airport and race transfers are included in your camp fees
- This camp is focused on preparation for the Michele Bartoli Team Time Trail. We will spend several days on specific TTT preparation
We will also spend several days on Max Lelli road bikes (included in cost of camp) enjoying the tremendous riding opportunities in Tuscany
- We are fortunate to have home cooked, authentic Italian food while we are at Il Raduno
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form
- A $500 deposit is due at the time of registration
- Remaining balance will be due on February 10, 2012
- Please make checks payable to Warren Cycling and mail to:
Chicago, IL 60626
For more information or any questions, please contact Randy Warren at email@example.com